Fire/EMS Operations Manager
Franklin County is seeking applicants for the position of Fire/EMS Operations Manager.
Directly supervises all Franklin County E911 communications personnel in unilateral partnership with the Law Enforcement Operations Manager. Coordinates emergency dispatch and response of numerous fire & EMS personnel and units. Conducts all incident (CAD) follow-up inquiries for Fire & EMS Chiefs when asked to do so, while maintaining a close working relationship with the FC911 Deputy Director and FC911 Director whom are the immediate supervisors. Will also strive to maintain an effective working relationship with the Fire/EMS Operations Board (FEOB) who has a vested interest in the efficient operations of Franklin County 911.
Job Duties & Requirements:
1. Answers and screens phone calls for all agencies for whom the County provides dispatch services. Dispatches appropriate emergency personnel when applicable.
2. Runs and accesses information available from various computer sources and relays this information to the requesting personnel.
3. Supervises communications personnel for all fire/EMS related activities and relays all pertinent information to the Law Enforcement Operations Manager and FC911 Director(s) when necessary.
4. Coordinate work and training schedules when needed.
5. Enters computer data and makes tape recordings of incidents.
6. Chronologically files, maintains daily radio logs, faxes miscellaneous papers, delivers messages, pages personnel, etc.
7. Performs other duties as required or assigned and attend all related operational meetings on a regular basis.
8. Requires ability to apply sound management principles and practices.
9. Requires good leadership attributes.
10. Requires working knowledge of governing directives, regulations, and policies.
11. Requires proficiency in written and oral communications.
12. Requires basic computer knowledge with the ability to use a keyboard for typing.
13. Requires common sense, good judgement, and patience.
14. Requires knowledge of applicable Missouri statutes.
Education, Certification, & Experience:
1. Requires graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent certificate.
2. A minimum of five (5) years Fire/EMS dispatching experience
3. A minimum of three (3) years dispatch supervisory experience (preferred)
4. Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) Certification (preferred)
5. Emergency Fire Dispatch (EFD) Certification (preferred)
$50,000/year + benefits as a Franklin County employee
Go to www.franklinmo.org for the full posting under Career Opportunities. Questions can be directed to the Franklin County 911 Communications Center by email at email@example.com. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume with references to the Franklin County Clerk’s Office at 400 East Locust, Union MO 63084 before March 11th, 2016 at 4 pm.
Franklin County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.