Recorder of Deeds

Deed Search

Marriage License Search


Recording Fees


Property Fraud Alert

Marriage License Information




Both parties must be present at the time of application and provide a valid photo ID. Both applicants will be asked to provide Social Security numbers. If any applicant has not been issued a Social Security number, they shall sign an affidavit provided by the Recorder of Deeds. Original signatures are required from both parties.

The Marriage license is only valid for 30 days from the date of issuance and can be used anywhere in the state of Missouri.


download a copy of  Marriage License Application here.




bullet Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to obtain a license without parental consent, proof of age may be requested.

bullet Applicants at least 15 years of age may obtain a license with the consent of the custodial parents at the time of application.

bullet Previously married applicants must provide the date their last marriage ended.

bullet Blood tests are not required.


Standard License


Cash at time of application
 If paying by credit card


$1.00 (additional)

Per parental consenting signature in addition to
standard fee

Certified  copy


As Required for name change on Social Security
Drivers License, etc.











You are responsible for delivering the license to the person who solemnizes your marriage. The officiator must complete the bottom portion of the license. The license must be returned to the Recorderís Office within fifteen days of the wedding (RSMo 193.185). The license is then recorded, filmed for preservation and remains on file permanently in the Recorder's Office.


Instructions for persons Solemnizing Marriage:  Page 1Page 2


The Marriage Certificate that you receive at the time the ceremony is performed is for your personal record and is not considered a legal document. A certified copy will need to be obtained as proof of your marriage for changing your name on your Driver's license and Social Security records.

To request a certified photocopy of your marriage license, mail a personal check or money order along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:

Franklin County  Recorder of Deeds
400 E. Locust, Rm. 102
Union, MO. 63084

 Be sure to include with your request, both partiesí names as they appear on the license and the date the marriage took place.

 In the event the wedding does not take place, DO NOT DESTROY. The Marriage License MUST be returned to the Recorder's Office marked "UNUSED".

 Please feel free to contact our office with any questions you may have.





400 E Locust
Room 102

Union, MO 63084

636 583-6367
fax 636-583-7330


Franklin County Offices  400 E Locust, Union, MO. 63084    hours: M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM